Saturday, July 19, 2008

Here are some pictures of my room before I packed up most of it for the trip home. The pictures on the walls are all from Alaska that have been a great help in reminding me of the other side of the world :) The rooms are actually quite nice for one person. They are a little tight for two people because of the way they are aligned. They are long and narrow with the door at one end so it's difficult to divide it up. It especially becomes a factor when the guy stuck by the door is on night shift and his roommate is on day shift.

2 comments:

DAD said...

I think it would be wonderful to have your own room and you do. Why? I assume not social difficulties (: Also...the marines you fly. How are they housed? More dorm like? And are most actually stationed at the base? They go out and come back to the same place?

David said...

It is very nice having my own room - it is based on rank. We are surrounded by Marines and they all live in the same trailers we do but I have seen other deviations on the same basic concept. This is typical at all the big bases. At the smaller outposts they live in tents but most of them rotate with other people in their unit who live on a big base. So they may live in a tent for a few weeks to a month at a time. I imagine there are places where they spend the whole tour in tents but that is not the norm.