Tuesday, September 4, 2007

4 Sep

The last couple of days work has really slowed down (a good thing in the maintenance world). I switched to the swing shift (noon-midnight) which I like much better. I have been staying busy implementing the suggestions the accident investigation team had for us. It is always a good thing to have someone else come in and look at how you are doing things. They didn’t find anything that connected to 171 but they did show us some things that we should be doing and other things that we could do better. The investigation is still open but they finished up here and now engineers are going to look at the parts they shipped back. The focus is shifting towards the aft swashplate but it will be a couple of months before we know anything more. I am already feeling the urge to get back into flying missions but it will still be awhile since Brian has to go to nights first so he can stay current on NVGs. The statistics came out for our first full month of flying. As compared to the unit we replaced we have flown 33% more people, 92% more cargo in less than half the hours. It’s like I told them back in April – the Marine’s focus was on how many flight hours we could support but I said the goal is moving stuff not flying hours. So far they have done a good job of keeping us full. I got my computer back up and running but this whole internet thing is really getting me down. The second system still isn’t up and people are driving me nuts. I decided to take today off – my first since 12 Aug so maybe I will be more relaxed tomorrow. :)

Clear H 124 L 87

2 comments:

DAD said...

I'd heard they had buried planes. Why do people doubt he hasn't buried other stuff like bio & nuke weapons?? had a good time w/ A&J at the Ellensburg fair. ready for RUp now. Carlson's coming for wed. activities incl. Happy Canyon - think I will skip that (~:} hope to get in some Gorge hikningW Suzy before winter - maybe even a campout. When does it begin to cool off there if ever. Stay safe Cheers!! DAD

David said...

Cooling off has been a hot topic around here (no pun intended). Everyone is getting a little tired of it. I have noticed a difference at night - it actually feels comfortable but today was another hot one - mid 120s with high humidity.