Sunday, September 30, 2007

30 Sep

It’s hard to believe it has been a week since I last wrote. I did have a couple of slow days but the last 4 days I have flown 15 test flights, five of them today since Brian and J.R. are rotating from days to nights and back. Most of the flights have been on 170 coming out of phase. We knew it was going to be tough since we had to change out a blade and reset all the other ones. The last two days we have been trying to find a vibration that is saturating our tracking equipment. It has made the days go by fast – I get up at 6:00, eat and get to work by seven, I eat a bagel and juice for lunch that I get at breakfast, I leave work around 7:30 to make it to dinner before it closes at 8:00. It’s looking better because daylight savings time ended today so now the sun sets at 6:00 which is my quitting time. One thing I don’t like about working like this is that it narrows my focus. I don’t really have any idea what the rest of the unit is doing – it’s like we are in two different worlds. I have always tried to avoid that because you lose empathy for what others are going trough. It has been hard not to lose my patience when the mission guys come up to me at the end of the day (start of theirs) and start describing problems with the aircraft and asking how we are going to fix it (it’s usually the same few people).

Hazy H 102 L 75

No comments: