Wednesday, September 12, 2007

11 Sep

We got the bushing in for 169 so the last couple of days I have been getting up early to finish off the test flight. This getting up early hurts – the first night I went to bed at 1AM then woke up at five for some strange reason. I felt good until around 2PM at which point it was hard for me to even keep my eyes open. Today wasn’t much better but on the positive side we finished the test flight. There are always a bunch of little things that I wish would have been fixed but overall this is a really good aircraft. I signed J.R. off as a test pilot so he can start doing the flights on his own. He says he wants to work in on our rotation which is great news because it means Brian and I will be able to do some missions. One of us will be flying night missions while the other two are filling the day and swing shift slots as test pilots. The initial plan is to rotate every two weeks but we will see how it works outs. I think it will be a nice balance and keep things interesting. At the end of the day we had all the aircraft up for the first time since we have been here, but it won’t last long because two days from now another one drops into phase. Today is the six year anniversary of 9/11. It is hard to believe that was six years ago. So much has changed – people were right to say our world would never be the same. It is going to take a lot of years to put this time into perspective. It is strange to think I am a part of something people are going to analyze for years.

Clear H 110 L 78

No comments: