Tuesday, October 23, 2007

22 Oct

Being on nights is everything I had hoped for. First off it is a nice break from maintenance. The nights I’m not flying I’m still there at departure and when they return to coordinate any work that needs to get done but it’s not that constant bombardment we get during the day. Also, nights are a little more laid back, there aren’t as many people there and you get that working late at the office feeling – that you don’t really have to be there but by doing so you show how hard working and dedicated you are :). As a result almost no one works a full 12 hour shift. I also love the fact that I never have to set my alarm. It’s just a trade-off - the longer I sleep the less stuff I can do during the day. Our missions are getting shorter – both day and night. Most of the unit rotations are complete and we won’t start the next cycle until around January. We have also seen a big increase in the number of Ospreys flying around. They replaced the CH-53s which rarely flew around her so I think they are taking some of our missions. Our flights lately have only been about half full. It looks like we may start doing some different types of missions – we have our first one scheduled for tomorrow night so we will see how that goes. On a good note 174 and 169 are back up so we are healthy again. Now it is 168 that is giving us fits but if everything worked then what would I have to do?

Clear H 98 L 68

No comments: