Sunday, October 14, 2007

15 Oct

The time between my entries is getting longer as Wendi likes to point out :). It hasn’t been anything planned – just a combination of laziness and settling into a routine. The days are just flowing together without a whole lot to distinguish them. I start separating them by small things such as today I cleaned my room or today I went to the coffee shop (both of which I actually did today) but that is not all that interesting to write about and even less interesting to read. As far flying goes I have flown a few test flights and some missions since my last entry. The maintenance is moving along but it is going to get ugly pretty soon. 169 is still broke (landing gear) and 174 is not flyable because its anti-missile system is not working. It is something we have been fighting since we got into country and the engineers can’t figure it out. With those two aircraft out and the amount of hours we are flying the other aircraft are getting pushed into phase sooner than we can handle. It is impossible for us to do more than one at a time so they are going to start stacking up. It’s painful to see a train wreck coming and not be able to do anything about it. I had another long mission yesterday (8hrs). It was pretty uneventful except one leg where we landed some VIPs in a small town. The ground guys just closed off a section of the road where we landed. When we came back and picked them up we ended up having to wait on thee ground about 10 minutes. It was interesting seeing something at ground level besides a military base.

Cloudy H 108 L 70

No comments: