Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July 29

There hasn’t been much to write about the last few days. I did a couple of ground runs to check out some aircraft maintenance but beyond that it has been an exercise in killing time. I decided to liven things up this morning by losing my ID card. It took me a big chunk of the day to retrace my steps looking for it then figuring out the process to get a new one. It turns out it takes less paperwork to get a new ID card than it does to get extra meals out of the chow hall for flight crews. I wasn’t complaining but it did seem a little odd. I have been spending a lot of my free time at the USO – they have couches, big screen TVs and computer hook-ups. Best of all the AC works great. Two days ago they celebrated their one year anniversary by bringing in caterers from Kuwait City. They served a wide selection of local dishes (I have no idea of their names) – it was excellent and a nice change from the sub-par chow hall food they have here. I was able to video chat with Wendi today and we spent a good chunk of the time reading some of the 700 or so Simpson quotes that people have submitted on the New York Times website in honor of the movie release. The writing on that show is amazing, I don’t think there is an area of American culture they haven’t touched on. I am going to see if I can attach a link to the site on my blog.

Clear H 127 L 92 (yes that is really hot)