Monday, July 16, 2007

11 July

The last few days have been relatively uneventful. The aircraft are getting all their postponed maintenance complete (washes, corrosion inspections, ASE checks ect). We found out 171’s problem was mis-marked blades (easy fix) and our only delay has been transmission oil. We were supposed to have it a couple days ago but as usual there is one more step in the process that has held us up. It should be here tomorrow – I hope so because we have 3 aircraft already drained and waiting on new oil. Besides trying to stay cool I have gotten back into the books. I figure if I am supposed to be training guys in a few days I should at least pretend to know what I am talking about. I ran into Glenn from the Germany unit – a young CW2 when he first got there and now the head instructor pilot (makes me feel old). We had a good time sharing memories and getting updates on people who were with us back then. I have been able to talk to Wendi quite a bit and even tested out the web cam at the computer center yesterday. It was great to see her – as cute as ever. It was a real answer to pray about the pump. It turns out a wire was arcing. Long story short a group of guys from church were able to get the wire out and replaced it with one above ground. Wendi, Russ and his kids are digging a new ditch to rebury the line. It’s quite humbling and makes me very thankful to have friends like that. It also reminds me once again how easy it is being married to Wendi. A little cooler today.
Clear H 114 L 84

No comments: