Sunday, July 15, 2007

8 July

Doing better today, but another long day. Yesterday Brian and I each did another test flight then the guys flew the first four up to Udari. I was supposed to stay back and test fly the other aircraft but through a miscommunication we didn’t have any FEs at the port. It was probably just as well since I don’t think I could have done much more anyway. Brian flew back with the other three crews after they dropped the aircraft off so I was able to get one more flown before dark. This morning we went down earlier to the port and I test flew the last three then launched the last four for Udari around 1. It was a little surreal flying through Kuwait again because I still have clear memories of flying down to the port on our way out last time. After landing I couldn’t do much more than walk to our tent and lie down for a couple of hours. All the aircraft are in good shape except for 171’s track and some minor electrical problems. The main body is supposed to get here tonight but we don’t start flying until the 13th. So far we are the only aircraft here but we saw the Germany guys unloading their ship today so they should be up here within the week. I am actually looking forward to some night flying – it is just too hot during the day. On a different note I am praying Wendi is able to get the pump problem taken care of – what a pain for her.

Clear H 120 L 84

2 comments:

The Scubaredneck said...

Dave,

Regarding the pump issue, I know that you know it's already fixed. I was at sea on a research cruise while my wife was closing on our house so I have a small taste of the helplessness of not being there to help in situations like that. I just want you to know that I and the other guys at church have your back while you're over there.

Dave Miller

David said...

Thanks so much Dave. You have no idea how much it helps knowing you guys are there.